- Kazuhiro Ando, Professor (Department of Law / Faculty of Law)
- Research Fields: Law / Civil Law, Law / New Fields of Law
Faculty of Law
Learn the law, study our society, observe humankind.
Many people have their first encounters with the study of law at universities. Students in the Faculty of Law first learn the foundations of law, and then the legal mentality (logical thinking and legally-balanced problem-solving ability.) The eventual goal is to acquire necessary expertise and legally implementable ability to address legal issues in society. In addition, to foster international individuals, we also focus on linguistic and communication abilities, necessary to cope with legal problems in a global society.
- Department of Law
- Students of the Department of Law acquire legal knowledge and mentality by working with materials related to actual social issues. Building on this knowledge and mentality, we aim to foster human resources that can identify and solve social problems from a well-balanced legal perspective.
- Department of Business Law
- Compliance is strongly required of enterprises active in society today. The Department of Business Law aims to deliver both the legal and the business knowledge indispensable for international businesspeople. In doing so, we cultivate human resources with the abilities and skills necessary to practice business management.
The Learning Columns present articles and videos that describe the activities of Toyo University students and departments.
Taking the initiative and bolding stepping forward will inevitably reveal a whole range of new possibilities. Learning, studying abroad, volunteering...
Prepared in both written and video form, these columns present the experiences of current Toyo University students who devote themselves to their interests and activities.
- Hideaki Tada, Professor (Department of Law / Faculty of Law)
- Main Research Themes: Japanese Antimonopoly Act, Economic Law, EU Law, EU Competition Law
- Hiroshi Shimizu, Professor (Department of Law / Faculty of Law)
- Research Keywords: Civil Litigation, Civil Dispute Settlement, Sports Law
- Tomoaki Ueda, Associate Professor (Department of Law / Faculty of Law)
- Research Fields: International Politics, Comparative Politics, Indian Politics, South Asian Area Studies