- Hajime Imamura, Professor (Department of Global Innovation Studies / Faculty of Global and Regional Studies)
- Research Fields: Labor Economics, Social Enterprise, Social and Solidarity Economy, Social Capital
Faculty of Global and Regional Studies
Spread the seeds of hope across the world. See, work, and search for answers.
Our world now faces a range of problems including economic, poverty, resource, environmental, and conflict-related issues. The Faculty of Global and Regional Studies aims to cultivate human resources who can take action on a worldwide scale and contribute to development of a global society. We enable students to obtain a global perspective, knowledge of various problems, and practical abilities to find solutions.
- Department of Global Innovation Studies
- A new era calls for new leadership. The Department of Global Innovation Studies educates students to become professionals who play active roles and take leadership in a globalized society, applying their knowledge and abilities to innovation.
- Department of Regional Development Studies Regional Development Studies Course
- We enable students to acquire abilities to grasp various problems occurring in countries, regions and communities around the world from a global perspective. Our goal is to foster human resources that can contribute to regional development in cooperation with local people, taking practical action to solve problems and exercising advanced communication skills.
The Learning Columns present articles and videos that describe the activities of Toyo University students and departments.
Taking the initiative and bolding stepping forward will inevitably reveal a whole range of new possibilities. Learning, studying abroad, volunteering...
Prepared in both written and video form, these columns present the experiences of current Toyo University students who devote themselves to their interests and activities.
- Ryo Matsumaru, Professor (Department of Regional Development Studies / Faculty of Global and Regional Studies)
- Research Field: Disater Risk Reduction and Management, Water Resources and Water Environment, Civil Engineering, Development Assistance