- Yoshiyuki Fujino, Professor (Department of Electrical, Electronic and Communications Engineering / Faculty of Science and Engineering)
- Research Fields: Wireless Power Transmission, Space Solar Power Generation, Antenna Engineering, Satellite Communication Technologies
Faculty of Science and Engineering
To create “technology in harmony with nature and living things.”
The Faculty of Science and Engineering aims to offer an exciting campus where students experience the joy of making things, and to produce professionals in science and technology that will uphold the future of Japanese industry. We cultivate engineers, scientists, and architects who will play critical roles in manufacturing, creating communities and advancing the nation.
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical engineering, relating to the design, manufacture and use of machines, is involved in a wide range of technical fields. The Department of Mechanical Engineering enables students to acquire both basic and specialized knowledge by correlating knowledge in various fields, and to obtain basic skills with a wide range of applications. By doing so, we foster professional engineers and researchers who take the lead in industrial infrastructure with multiple perspectives and flexible competencies required to adapt to global changes.
- Department of Biomedical Engineering
- The Department of Biomedical Engineering produces students with a profound understanding of medicine, biochemistry, and engineering, capable of adopting a wide range of perspectives to solve practical problems. We offer a curriculum aimed at cultivating engineers and researchers who can contribute to society by developing advanced medical equipment as well as social welfare and nursing robots. In addition, we conduct career development programs in each department to foster a positive attitude toward biomedical engineering-related fields as well as interest in and knowledge about society.
- Department of Electrical, Electronic and Communications Engineering
- Students in the Department of Electrical, Electronic and Communications Engineering study the energy, control, electronics, and information and communication fields in a systematic fashion. We aim to cultivate engineers who grasp the technologies that underpin contemporary society, based on electrical, electronic, and information and communications engineering, and develop new technologies with a broad viewpoint and ethical outlook.
- Department of Applied Chemistry
- The Department of Applied Chemistry educates students to be practical researchers, engineers and educators who can contribute to society through chemistry. To accomplish this, students must meet various needs of present-day society and have the ability to keep pace with constantly changing chemical technologies. We offer a curriculum that builds students’ fundamental skills through experiments and lectures, as well as flexible and practically applicable abilities.
- Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Students in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering learn to apply construction technologies to create safe and comfortable living environments for people. In three courses that we have established for students to hone their areas of specialization, they study urban environment design, and build the creativity and management skills needed to develop communities, through experiments and exercises.
- Department of Architecture
- The Department of Architecture aims to produce human resources that can design buildings and communities comprehensively, while considering not only the technical aspects of architecture but also cultural factors including local tradition and history. Through field exercises and events such as public meetings of citizens and administrators, we foster students’ capacity for comprehensive management entailing investigation, analyses, suggestion and presentation. We also proactively address contemporary issues of preservation, renovation and so forth.
The Learning Columns present articles and videos that describe the activities of Toyo University students and departments.
Taking the initiative and bolding stepping forward will inevitably reveal a whole range of new possibilities. Learning, studying abroad, volunteering...
Prepared in both written and video form, these columns present the experiences of current Toyo University students who devote themselves to their interests and activities.
- Satoko Yamakawa, Professor (Department of Mechanical Engineering / Faculty of Science and Engineering)
- Research Fields: Control Engineering, Control of Robots and Non-linear Systems, Control of Systems Incorporating Human Characteristics
- Takeaki Yamazaki, Professor (Department of Electrical, Electronic and Communications Engineering / Faculty of Science and Engineering)
- Research Fields: Mathematics, Basic Analysis
- Naoki Sasaki, Associate Professor (Department of Applied Chemistry / Faculty of Science and Engineering)
- Research Fields: Analytical chemistry, Physical chemistry, Micro-nano systems
- Kenji Motohashi, Professor (Department of Biomedical Engineering / Faculty of Science and Engineering)
- Research Fields: Atomic and Molecular Physics, Surface Physics
- Kazuhiko Okamoto, Associate Professor (Department of Architecture / Faculty of Science and Engineering)
- Research Fields: Architectural Planning, Architectural Design, Medical Facility Planning and Design, Evidence-based Design, Mobile Hospitals
- Hiroshi Yamazaki, Associate Professor (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering / Faculty of Science and Engineering)
- Research Fields: Water Environmentology, Hydraulic Engineering, Diversification of Influent Water for Effluent Treatment Facilities and Assessment of Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Takashi Yoshino, Professor (Department of Mechanical Engineering / Faculty of Science and Engineering)
- Research Field: Numerical Simulation for Morphogenesis and Development
- Yuji Sano, Professor (Department of Electrical, Electronic and Communications Engineering / Faculty of Science and Engineering)
- Research Fields: Electronic Circuit Engineering, Color Engineering, Electric & Electronic Engineering/ Electronic Devices, Electronic Apparatus