- Noriyuki Doukyu, Professor (Department of Applied Biosciences / Faculty of Life Sciences)
- Main Research Themes: Organic Solvent Tolerant Microorganisms and Enzymes
Faculty of Life Sciences
Learn about living things. Solve the riddles of organic life.
Life Sciences, which unlock the mysteries of life phenomena and use the results to make a positive contribution to society, are expected to contribute to solutions in regenerative medicine, food, and environmental issues. Our goal is to foster human resources that can contribute to development of medicine, environment, agriculture, food, and education fields through comprehensive understanding of the life sciences.
- Department of Life Sciences
- Students in the Department of Life Sciences learn about the mysteries of life and explore its fundamentals and mechanisms. They acquire knowledge of cutting-edge bioscience and experimental technology in a balanced manner, in addition to understanding the basics of life phenomena. We aim to produce human resources that can contribute to society, using their abilities to address various problems related to the life sciences.
- Department of Applied Biosciences
- The Department of Applied Biosciences explores how to apply mechanisms of animals, plants and microorganisms to solve various problems related to environment, health, resources, food and more. We aim to cultivate human resources with a wide range of specialized practical abilities regarding biosciences and its applications, who can use their abilities to contribute to society.
The Learning Columns present articles and videos that describe the activities of Toyo University students and departments.
Taking the initiative and bolding stepping forward will inevitably reveal a whole range of new possibilities. Learning, studying abroad, volunteering...
Prepared in both written and video form, these columns present the experiences of current Toyo University students who devote themselves to their interests and activities.
- Shosaku Kashiwada, Professor (Department of Applied Biosciences / Faculty of Life Sciences)
- Main Research Themes: The Effects of Environmental Toxins on the Ecosystem
- Issay Narumi, Professor (Department of Life Sciences / Faculty of Life Sciences)
- Main Research Themes: DNA repair mechanisms of radioresistant bacteria
- Taku Nedachi, Professor (Department of Applied Biosciences / Faculty of Life Sciences)
- Research Field: Stress adaptation mechanisms of neurons and muscle cells