Visa Application Process
During the Study Abroad program application process, we will let you know when to begin applying for your visa. These are the basic steps of the process:
1. Submit the following items to the link provided after the application.
- Application for Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Financial supporting documents
- Copy of the photo/information page from your passport
- ID photo data
2. We will submit your COE application package to the Regional Immigration Bureau. It usually takes 6 – 8 weeks for Immigration to process your application.
3. After receiving your COE from Immigration, we will send it to you in your Welcome Package along with your Certificate of Acceptance.
4. Apply for your student visa at the nearest Japanese embassy or consulate (https://www.mofa.go.jp/about/emb_cons/over/index.html). You will need to include the following items in your application package.
- Visa application form
- Certificate of Admission to Toyo
- ID photo
5. It usually takes about five days for the embassy/consulate to issue the visa. For more information, please consult the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.