[To Toyo students, faculty and staff] Toyo University's Response to the Novel Coronavirus Outbreak
February 27, 2020
Update : March 6, 2020
Update : March 18,2020
Update : April 3,2020
Update : April 8,2020
Update : April 24,2020
Due to measures to curb the spread of large-scale infections, Toyo university will take appropriate preventative measures to fulfill our role as an academic institution.
Events and Meetings Organized by Toyo University
- The University will consider canceling or postponing events, meetings etc. organized by the University and scheduled to take place until the date of lifting the declaration of the state of emergency.
- The university will make a decision based on the circumstances and will notify you again if it changes.
- For meetings and events that are held for urgent reasons, the University will take the following measures to prevent spread of the virus: shortening the duration of the event, reducing the number of attendees, encouraging attendees to thoroughly wash their hands and gargle, encouraging the use of an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, requesting those feeling unwell to refrain from attending, and not providing food and beverages.
Extracurricular Activities Organized by Students
- Toyo University has decided to cancel or postpone events and extracurricular activities until the end of the Spring Semester. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
- University facilities (including Seminar Houses) cannot be used for any extracurricular activities until the end of the Spring Semester.
- If you have questions about particular cases, please contact the Student Support Office of the appropriate campus.
Academic Matters from April (Enrollment and Commencement Procedures, Course Registration, Classes, etc.)
- Please check website ⇒ "The first day for spring semester 2020 has been postponed"
- The University will make necessary arrangements flexibly and in a timely manner to minimize the disadvantages for students who are unable to fulfil academic matters in April and onwards because of the novel coronavirus.
- If you are currently abroad and cannot enter Japan due to immigration restrictions, or cannot come to campus because you are receiving treatment or you have been advised to remain indoors, the University will provide individual consultations regarding academic matters through email, university’s communication system etc.
- If email and the University’s communication system are disrupted due to communication restrictions, etc., we will respond to you after the situation has ended.
【To students】Action Guidelines for Toyo University Students to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Infection(Update: April 24, 2020)
【To full-time faculty and staff】Action Guidelines for Toyo University Faculty and Staff to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Infection (Update: April 24, 2020)
【To part-time faculty and staff】 Action Guidelines for Toyo University Faculty and Staff to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Infection (Update: April 24, 2020)
Handling of the Novel Coronavirus Outbreak