New Measures to Strengthen the Border to Prevent the Spread of Coronavirus (Including continuation of the entry ban for ‘Residence Track’ and others) (as of March 18th)
- Even though the Emergency State has been lifted, the following measures will be continued for the time being.
1) Entry ban for new entrants under ‘Business Track’ and ‘Residence Track’.
2) Entry ban for new entrants from all countries and regions.
3) A 14-day quarantine upon the return/re-enter into Japan from a short-period business trip to all countries and regions.
- The preventive measures which will be implemented are as follows.
- Those who do not have an inspection certificate are not allowed to enter Japan.
- Confirmation of the authenticity of the video call/location application and the contact information written in the pledge will be conducted in the restricted area within the airport upon arrival.
- For those who do not have a smartphone, it is requested to borrow one for the above purposes.
- All entrants shall specify the transportation medium (designated car for those who are coming from outside the country/private car) that will be used in the pledge certificate to be submitted to the quarantine center.
- The Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare will establish a ‘ Health Confirmation Center’ for those who enter the country. This center monitors the entrants’ health condition during the quarantine period for 14 days after the entry date. For instance, confirming the current location and checking the health condition by video call, both on a daily basis. If communication cannot be made in three consecutive days, a direct contact/patrol will be made.
Note) The above targets will be added accordingly based on the countries/regions where the new coronavirus strains are found and their health condition will be strictly monitored.
- For those who are entering Japan from the countries/regions where the new coronavirus strains have been discovered, instead of the current antigen test, a saliva ‘real-time RTPCR’ test as the main inspection will be conducted after a three-day quarantine period in the accommodation facility designated by the quarantine station director.
- To ensure that the quarantine implementation works properly, entry limitation will be made by controlling the number of flights arriving into Japan, including those that are coming from the countries/regions where the new coronavirus strains have been discovered.
*We will inform you again regarding the rules for the government scholars.
Please pay attention to the above rules when entering Japan and ensure to check the latest information.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (Border enforcement measures)
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan（Border enforcement measures to prevent the spread of novel coronavirus ）