Student Physical Exam Held During the Summer Break (For All Campuses)
Published July 17th, 2020
We have decided to hold the student physical exam that was postponed in April, on the below dates.
Depending on the campus, to take the physical exam, you will have to book in advance, or the date and time will be designated according to your department and year of study.
The office in charge will notify you separately regarding the details of how to take the physical exam for each campus.
Please note, from the perspective of assessing the health of each student, and to prevent the spread of infectious diseases such as tuberculosis, typically we would recommend that students take the physical exam. However, in light of the recent situation of COVID-19, this year, we do not necessarily recommend students take the physical exam. However, as there are students who require a university-issued health certificate, we decided to hold the physical exam. We are proceeding with the preparation of infection control procedures such as limiting and managing the number of people who enter the premises, temperature checks and disinfection, and avoiding the “Three Cs.” However, each student’s situation differs, for instance, students who do not require a university-issued health certificate, students with pre-existing health conditions, and students who have to travel a long way to get to campus. After discussing with your family, please decide whether you will take the physical exam according to your situation. If you do not take the physical exam, no special contact to the university is necessary.
Further, depending on the future COVID-19 situation, there may be cases where we will cancel the physical exam even at the last minute. In that case, we will inform you separately on the university website.
Physical Exam Schedule
Monday, August 24th to Saturday, September 5th. ※Excluding Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th
To be carried out by a book-in-advance system. The Student Support Section is planning to send out the details separately by ToyoNet-G announcement.
Monday, August 17th to Thursday, August 20th
To be carried out by a book-in-advance system. The Education and Student Affairs Section is planning to send out the details separately by ToyoNet-G announcement.
Saturday, September 12th to Tuesday, September 15th ※Excluding Sunday 13th
To be carried out by designated date and time system. The Administration Section is planning to send out the details separately by ToyoNet-G notification.
Monday, September 14th, to Tuesday, September 15th
To be carried out by a book-in-advance system. The Administration Section is planning to send out the details separately by ToyoNet-G notification.
Friday, September 11th to Saturday, September 12th
To be carried out by designated date and time system. The Administration Section is planning to send out the details separately by e-mail.
Items For All Campuses
- We will take your temperature when you enter the campus. If your temperature is 37.5 degrees Celsius or higher, you will not be allowed to enter and, therefore, cannot take the physical exam.
- Please do not take the physical exam if, from up to and including two weeks from the day of the exam, you have symptoms of poor health including fever, cough, sore throat, loss of taste, or diarrhea. Special contact to the university is not necessary.
- As you are required to wear a facemask when taking the exam, please bring one. We will check if you are wearing a facemask when you enter the campus. We will not give out facemasks.
- Please take the physical exam at the campus you belong to.
- The physical exam is for undergraduate (including Correspondence Courses) and graduate students.
- Things to bring: Facemask, student ID, writing materials and urine collection device (pee pole)*
*New students who have the urine collection device that was sent from the university along with enrollment procedure documents, please conduct urine sampling at your home. We will hand out urine collection devices on the day to new and current students who do not have one.
- The items examined in the physical exam are height, weight, vision, blood pressure, internal medicine checkup, chest x-ray, urine test, and hearing. However, the urine test is only for 1st and 4th year undergraduate students and graduate students. The hearing test is only for 4th year undergraduate and graduate students.
- There will be a chest x-ray, so please wear clothing that is easy to take off, such as a T-shirt.
- Students who use glasses or contact lenses, please wear them when taking the vision test.
- We are planning for it to be possible to issue health certificates in late October for students that have taken the physical exam. If students do not take the anticipated physical exam, throughout AY 2020 issuance of a health certificate will not be possible. Further, the AY 2019 health certificate cannot be issued.
- We will send the physical exam results to the student address registered at the university.
- For teaching practicum, care worker practicum, or practicum related to obtaining qualifications, taking a physical exam is required. Students who have already taken a physical exam individually under directions from the office in charge and students who will graduate in September 2020 are also permitted to take this physical exam.