Entrance Ceremony for New Second-Year Students AY2021 (For Students Admitted in AY2020)
To all students admitted in Academic Year 2020:
Toyo University will be holding a one-year-belated entrance ceremony on April 6, 2021 at Nippon Budokan for all students admitted in Academic Year 2020.
The novel coronavirus pandemic compelled us to cancel last year’s entrance ceremony, obliged you to take non-face-to-face classes and imposed many other serious restrictions on your day-to-day lives. Nevertheless, you endured these trials and continued your studies throughout the past year. In recognition of your efforts, we would like to offer you our belated but heartfelt congratulations on your admission to university and advancement into your second year, and to wish you fruitful learning experiences from here on out. We look forward to seeing you at Nippon Budokan.
Because of the ongoing pandemic, we will be limiting admission to the ceremony to students moving into their second year in AY2021, and we ask your understanding of the need to do so to ensure the safety and security of everyone involved.
The ceremony will be live-streamed online (via YouTube) so that it can be viewed on personal computers, smartphones, etc. The URL for this stream will be posted on the University’s website.
March 10, 2021
President, Toyo University
Information of Date & Venue
- Date : April 6, 2021
- Venue : Nippon Budokan (Please use public transportation.)▶Access to the Nippon Budokan
|Ceremony Time||Faculty/Graduate School|
|16:00 Venue open
Ceremony start 16:30 ／17:15 Close
|All of the Faculty & Graduate School|
Points to note
- If there is already an event to be held by a faculty or graduate school, please give priority to that one.
- To prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus, only students admitted in Academic Year 2020 will be permitted to attend the ceremonies held at the Nippon Budokan.
We will confirm your Student ID Card upon entry so please bring it with you. Please note, you will not be permitted to re-enter the Nippon Budokan.
Student ID Card will be handed out at the time of enrollment procedures.
- Please use public transport to get to the venue. Please note that you will not be permitted to enter the venue by vehicle. Additionally, to prevent congestion, please refrain from meeting up inside stations or near ticket gates.
- On the day of the ceremony, the vicinity of the venue will be very crowded. Please come to the venue early. You can enter the venue 30 minutes before the start.
- Please return home as soon as possible after the ceremony and refrain from holding dinner meetings.
- Please be aware that the various recruiting activities around the Nippon Budokan have nothing to do with our university.
- Nippon Budokan and the surrounding area are non-smoking. Please refrain from smoking.
- Depending on the spread of the novel coronavirus, the ceremony may be canceled. In that case, we will inform you via the Toyo University website.
We ask for your cooperation to prevent the spread of the COVID-19
- On the day of the ceremony, temperature checks will be conducted at each entrance.
- Disinfect the ceremony site before the ceremony begins.
- Inside the venue, wear a mask at all times, refrain from talking, and take social distance. We ask for your cooperation to avoid crowding.
- We ask you to take particular consideration when moving around the Nippon Budokan and university campuses to avoid congestion, proximity, and talking loudly.
- Please take your temperature at home, and check that you have a standard temperature.
- If any of the below is applicable, please refrain from coming to the venue. ①You have a temperature of 37.5c or more.
②You have cold symptoms (fever, headache, muscle pain, cough, cough with phlegm, sore throat, runny nose, blocked nose etc).
③You have a strong feeling of fatigue, shortness of breath (difficulty breathing), abnormalities in your sense of smell or taste.
④ You have digestive symptoms such as a feeling of sickness, vomiting, or diarrhea.
⑤You do not feel well.
⑥You have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last two weeks.
⑦ In the last two weeks, you have visited a country or region for which the government requires travel restrictions or an observational period after entry.
*We ask for your cooperation to prevent the infection and spread of viruses.
Matters concerning the ceremony at the Nippon Budokan
Student Affairs Office：firstname.lastname@example.org