During the Study Abroad program application process, we will let you know when to begin applying for your visa. These are the basic steps of the process:
1. You will receive an email from Toyo University Support Office for COE and Status of Residence (TUGS/PUGS) after the application. Please submit the following items to the link provided.
2. TUGS will submit your COE application package to the Regional Immigration Bureau. It usually takes 1.5 months for Immigration to process your application.
3. After receiving your COE from Immigration, we will send it to you in your Welcome Package along with your Certificate of Acceptance.
4. Apply for your student visa at the nearest Japanese embassy or consulate. You will need to include the following items in your application package.
- Visa application form
- Certificate of Admission to Toyo
- ID photo
5. It usually takes about five days for the embassy/consulate to issue the visa. For more information, please consult the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.