I-Turn Employment Promotion Program
Adopted as one of the 15 bases nationwide of the International Student Employment Promotion Program implemented by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT).
Toyo University’s project plan was selected for the ＦY 2017 “Career Development Program for Foreign Students in Japan” administered by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT). While many universities from across the country applied, Toyo University was the only private university in eastern Japan district among the adopted 15 institutions (consortiums).
Number of adopted consortiums: 15 institutions (universities)
■National University (13 universities)
■Private University (2 universities)
Toyo University is the only university located in Tokyo whose project plan was selected for the ＦY 2017 “Career Development Program for Foreign Students in Japan” administered by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT).
Having Japanese business language skills are the most important factors when Japanese companies hire foreign students.
Toyo University provides a variety of Japanese language classes to foreign students.
Not many companies in Japan accept foreign students for an internship.
Toyo University provides a plethora of opportunities for foreign students to do an internship in Tokyo and rural areas such as Shimane, Ishikawa and Ibaraki.
Toyo University’s project plan was selected for the ＦY 2017 “Career Development Program for Foreign Students in Japan” administered by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT).
The program aims to increase opportunities for foreign students to secure employments in Japan by supporting international students in their job search efforts. In order to do so, it promotes measures for universities to collaborate with local governments and industries on creating a comprehensive training environment that offers Japanese language education, career development education in Japan, and medium- to long-term internships. By enhancing the appeal of studying abroad in Japan through creation of the above environment, the program also aims to increase the number of international students from foreign countries. The implementation of the program is entrusted for a maximum period of five years to universities that MEXT selects based on project implementation plans submitted by universities.
The project implementation plan submitted by Toyo University, “International Student I-Turn Employment Promotion Program,” aims to promote through networks formed between Tokyo and rural cities international student “I-turn employment” (employment outside the area where international students seeking employment undertake their study abroad). The project will contribute to improving Japan’s international student domestic employment rate by increasing opportunities for international students in Tokyo to secure employment with companies in rural cities facing shortages of workers, and by instituting measures aimed at assisting international students in rural cities in searching for jobs not only in the cities where they pursue their studies but also in the National Capital Region. This project is to be implemented in collaboration with Shimane University and Kanazawa Seiryo University.
A Leaflet of I-Turn Employment Promotion Program[PDF file/8336KB]
International Student I-Turn Employment Promotion Program [PDFファイル／288KB] (in English)
MEXT Website：Results of the Selection for the “Career Development Program for Foreign Students in Japan” (in Japanese)
News and Events
- Japanese STEP UP courses/日本語課外講座STEP UP講座を紹介します
- Japanese writing programs/日本語課外講座ライティング講座を紹介します
- [I-Turn Employment Promotion Program]A Debrief Session of Internship Tours of 2018 /東洋大学留学生就職促進プログラム インターンシップツアー2018年度報告会
- A Leaflet of I-Turn Employment Promotion Program /留学生就職促進プログラム案内を掲載しました
- [I-Turn Employment Promotion Program] The Outstanding Performance Awards ceremony/第１回留学生就職促進プログラム「優秀留学生表彰式」を行いました
- Monthly Newsletter from Career Development Office/留学生就職支援室ニュースレターを更新しました
- [I-Turn Employment Promotion Program]A Debrief Session of Internship Tours of 2018 will be held on March 12, 2019/3月12日留学生就職促進プログラムインターンシップツアー2018年度報告会開催のご案内
- Job Hunting Events, Seminars and Internships (in Japanese)/イベント・セミナー・インターンシップ情報
- Career Fair for International Students/「外国人留学生のためのキャリアフェア」開催
- Job Fair for International Students Seeking Employment in Japan/外国人留学生向け合同企業説明会が開催されました
- A Corporate Tour Held in Shimane Prefecture during Spring Break 2018/2018年春休み・島根県への企業訪問ツアーを開催しました
- Internship Program for International Students Launched/外国人留学生のインターンシップが始まっています
- Memorial Symposiums Held to Celebrate the 130th Anniversary of both Toyo University and Japan-Thailand Diplomatic Relations/東洋大学創立130周年・日タイ修好130周年 記念シンポジウムを開催しました
- Company Visit Tour Held in Hitachi City, Ibaraki Prefecture/茨城県日立市への企業見学ツアーが開催されました
- [10/27]Job Fair for International Students Seeking Employment in Japan/外国人留学生のための合同企業説明会が開催されました
- [9/22]Toyo University’s “Tour to Explore the Attractions of Provincial Cities” Visits Companies in Ishikawa Prefecture/石川県への企業見学ツアー『地方都市の魅力を知るツアー』を開催しました
- Toyo University Holds Its Summer Intensive Business Japanese Program/ビジネス日本語夏季集中講座が実施されました
- “Tour to Explore the Attractions of Provincial Cities” Visits Companies in Shimane Prefecture/島根県への企業見学ツアー『地方都市の魅力を知るツアー』を開催しました
- [6/5]Toyo Universitys Plan is Selected for MEXTs Program/文部科学省「留学生就職促進プログラム」に採択されました
About Employment Promotion Program for International Students
“I-turn”employment of international students in Tokyo and regional cities
- Program Overview
- The program promotes employment in regional cities by providing opportunities for international students in Tokyo to get to know quality companies in regional cities.
- The program promotes employment in Tokyo by providing internship opportunities and company tours in Tokyo to international students in regional cities.
- The program promotes employment in Japan by offering different levels of Japanese courses and increasing opportunities to acquire a high level of Japanese proficiency.
Remedying a lack of talent in regional cities / Creating cross-community employment opportunities for international students
International student employment rate in Japan:60％
- Improve the employment ratio 40% ⇒ 60% (2025)
- ①Increase the employment ratio by improving Japanese business language skills and offering private consultations
- ②Expand employment opportunities with I-Turn Employment
Toyo University’s efforts in collaboration with Shimane University, Kanazawa Seiryo University, and regional cities
Business Japanese Education
Foster high levels of Japanese proficiency by offering 250 hours of Japanese courses per year
- ①Phased Japanese language courses by level
- ②Extracurricular intensive courses held three times a year (17 summer courses) (Open to external students for free）
- ③Unique online educational website available worldwide
Provide job hunting guidance to students from the first-year and show attractiveness of working in regional cities
- ①Regular course of ”Introduction to Global Careers” (15 classes/half-year term）
Partner Schools and Institutions
- Enrolling and Studying at Toyo University
- Faculties and Departments
- Toyo Summer ProgramⅠ・Ⅱ
- Admissions Information for International Students
- Scholarships for International Students
- English-track Undergraduate Programs with Scholarships
- Procedures regarding residency in Japan
- Living Expenses
- National Health Insurance
- Information on housing
- Other support for international students
- Issuance of Certificates after Graduation
- Learning Japanese at Toyo University