Information for International students
For International Students in Hakusan Campus
The Student Counseling Office provides psychological support for a fulfilling campus life. We are all staffed with certified clinical psychologists. If you are not sure about where or who to consult, please feel free to contact us.
Come and visit us when you have worries or problems about：
- Interpersonal relationships
- Nervousness, stress or frustration
- Anxiety, depression or anger management
- Lack of interest or motivation
- Lack of self-esteem
- Academic performance and future career
- Club activities
- Fraudulent business solicitations
- Harassment issues
- Or any other issues that are concerning you
What we do:
- Toyo University Counseling Office offers counseling and consultation services.
- We will listen to you with utmost care and concerns. We hope such counseling framework will make you feel easy to share anything that you are worried about.
- We will provide you with the necessary information. We may also refer you to on or/and off campus resources, if needed.
All the information disclosed in a consultation is kept strictly confidential, except in extreme, life -threatening emergencies or when required by law.
Free of charge
Consultations and counseling services are free of charge for all the students in Hakusan Campus.
How to get started:
- Due to the preventive measures for the COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently conducting sessions remotely via Webex meeting systems.
- Please make an appointment in advance by phone (03-3945-7265). Please take at least one week ahead of your possible dates and times (give us a couple of options), when making appointments.
- Prior to your first video session, you will be asked to submit your consent to Telemental Health under Toyo Forms.
Office Location and Hours
Counseling Office 1F. Bldg.6, Hakusan Campus
English services are available Mon.-Fri., 10:00-18:00.
When in emergency
- In a life-threatening situation, call 119 (emergency number for ambulance) or 110 (emergency number for the police).
- In a non-life-threatening situation but you still need an urgent help, call the TELL Lifeline（03-5774-0992）.
Check their website for the office hours. →https://telljp.com/
Please feel free to consult us about your problems.