MEXT Scholarship Program
MEXT Scholarship Program
The MEXT Scholarship [Embassy Recommendation] is offered to non-Japanese individuals living overseas who wish to study in Japan. This Scholarship is sponsored by the "Monbukagakusho" or the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT). All application procedures for this scholarship are conducted through Japanese Embassy, Consulate General in your countries. The primary screening (document screening, written examination, and interview) is conducted at the Japanese diplomatic offices in your country. After the primary screening, in consultation with the MEXT's selection committee and the university, the recipients are determined. To apply for this scholarship, applicants must first pass the primary screening conducted by the local Japanese Embassy or Consulate General. For further information, please refer to the MEXT's website below.
1. Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship Program : Application procedure and Schedule
If you apply for a letter of provisional acceptance as a Chinese student selected through Chinese Embassy Recommendation or an international student selected by ASJA, please make sure to inform us when applying.
|From April : Open for applications at the Japanese diplomatic missions|
|Primary Screening at the Japanese diplomatic offices|
By August 26（Japan time) : Request of obtaining a letter of provisional acceptance from MEXT Scholarship candidates
|From October 2022 : Secondary Screening|
|From January to February 2023 : Notification of the final decision to the candidates by MEXT|
|In March 2023 : Visa Procedures|
|In April/Fall 2023 : Arrival in Japan|
2. Requesting a Letter of Provisional Acceptance to Toyo University
After having passed the primary screening conducted by Japanese Embassy or Consulate General, please submit the following documents to the administration office of graduate school which you wish to study via email.
3. Required Documents
(1) Information Sheet [Wordファイル／336KB] (a prescribed form of Toyo University)
(2) A photocopy of passing Certificate of the Primary Screening issued by Japanese Embassy or Consulate General
(3) Photocopies of all application documents submitted to the Japanese Embassy or Consulate General
- Application Form (a prescribed form of MEXT)
- Field of Study and Research Plan (a prescribed form of MEXT)
- Academic transcript for all academic year of the university attended (issued by that University)
- Certification of graduation or degree certificate of the university attended (or if the applicant has not yet graduated, submit certificate of prospective graduation from university.)
- Recommendation letter from the president/dean or the academic advisor at the current or last university attended
- Abstracts of theses
(4) A photocopy of proof of Japanese Language (Eju, Jlpt etc.) or English language (TOEIC, TOEFL, IELTS) proficiency (If you obtain a language proficiency certificate)
・We will not accept any applicants after the deadline according to the MEXT application guidelines (August 26, 2022, Japan time).
・The result (whether you are accepted or not) may take approximately one month from application. Please apply with plenty of time.
・Education Affairs Section for Graduate Schools will send a letter of provisional acceptance to the address written on "the information sheet" of the applicants who are accepted upon the screening.
・Most courses at Graduate Schools of Toyo University are currently offered only in Japanese.
However, the following graduate schools/courses can also be taken and completed in English.
- Course of International Culture and Communication Studies (Graduate School of Letters)
- Course of Business Administration and Marketing (Graduate School of Business Administration)
- Course of Public-Private Partnership (Graduate School of Economics)
- Course of Regional Development Studies (Graduate School of Global and Regional Studies)
- Course of International Tourism Management (Graduate School of International Tourism Management)
- Course of Life Sciences (Graduate School of Life Sciences)
- Course of Information Science and Arts (Graduate School of Information Science and Arts)
・The graduate school below has only opened in English.
- Course of Global Innovation Studies (Graduate School of Global and Regional Studies)
Please refer to the following website for course details.
●Graduate School of Letters
●Graduate School of Sociology
●Graduate School of Law
●Graduate School of Business Administration
●Graduate School of Economics
●Graduate School of Global and Regional Studies
●Graduate School of International Tourism Management
●Graduate School of Social Welfare
Education Affairs Section for Graduate Schools, Hakusan Campus
Japanese Government scholarship students
Address: 5-28-20, Hakusan. Bunkyo-ku Tokyo 112-8606 Japan
Email : mldaig★toyo.jp (Please change from ★ to @.)
●Graduate School of Science and Engineering
●Graduate School of Information Sciences and Arts
Education and Student Affairs Section, Kawagoe Campus Office
Address: 2100 Kujirai, Kawagoe-shi, Saitama 350-8585 Japan
Graduate School of Science and Engineering
Email : gssce★toyo.jp (Please change from ★ to @.)
Graduate School of Information Sciences and Arts
Email : gsisa★toyo.jp (Please change from ★ to @.)
●Graduate School of Life Sciences
●Graduate School of Food and Nutritional Sciences
Administration Section, Itakura Campus
Address: 1-1-1 Izumino, Itakura-machi, Ora-gun, Gunma 374-0193 Japan
Email : mlitakura★toyo.jp (Please change from ★ to @.)
●Graduate School of Information Networking for Innovation and Design
Akabanedai, Administration Office, Akabanedai Campus
Address: INIAD HUB-1, 1-7-11 Akabanedai, Kita-ku, Tokyo 115-8650 Japan
Email: ml-iniad-em★toyo.jp (Please change ★ to @.)
●Graduate School of Human Life Design
Akabanedai, Administration Section, Akabanedai Campus
Address: WELLB HUB-2, 1-7-11, Akabanedai, Kita-ku, Tokyo 115-8650 Japan
Email : mlags★toyo.jp (Please change from ★ to @.)