|Graduate School||Review criteria for a master’s degree thesis|
1. Originality of the thesis
2. Appropriate setting of subjects based on the study history
3. Empirical consideration based on actual materials
4. Coherence of and consistency in the points of an argument
5. Considerations to research ethics
6. Other items that the chief thesis examiner and deputy thesis examiner consider necessary
Although the criteria for the research paper are the same as those for a master’s thesis
described above, the research subject and the content of the research paper should be based on
practical surveys and research.
At Toyo University, a doctoral degree thesis （KOU） is rigorously reviewed according to the
|Graduate School||Review criteria for a doctoral degree thesis|
|Letters||1. The relevant doctoral degree thesis should fully absorb the results of conventional studies
and appropriately use them, and should provide new findings in the relevant research area
and show the originality of the relevant student who has submitted the thesis.
2. The relevant doctoral degree thesis should be based on an empirical and systematic
approach, which shows that the relevant student who has submitted the thesis has the
sophisticated research capacity to conduct research activities as an independent researcher
both in terms of analysis and logical expansion.
3. Overall, the relevant doctoral degree thesis should reach a high academic level, and should
show that the relevant student who has submitted the thesis has enough knowledge and
ability to perform highly specialized tasks.