The Department of Life Sciences aims to cultivate human resources who will be active inside and outside Japan by utilizing the knowledge, techniques and ideas of life sciences, as well as researchers and engineers who will contribute to the development of life sciences. We are looking for students with the following abilities:
(1) Those who have an interest in science in general, especially life sciences, and who have textbook-level knowledge of high school subjects.
(2) Those who are able to summarize and clearly explain their ideas.
(3) Those who have a strong will to achieve their goals.
(4) Those who have an interest in issues related to living things, health, and the environment, and who wish to make social contributions through problem-solving activities and research.
(5) Those who have a motivation and creativity to actively explore new fields.
The Department of Applied Biosciences aims to develop human resources capable of solving social problems related to the environment, health, resources, and food supply, by utilizing various functions of living things, under the slogan: “Biology that opens the future.” We are looking for students with the following abilities.
【Knowledge and comprehension】
(1)Those who have knowledge equivalent to the high school graduate level in the areas of science (chemistry/biology), foreign language, mathematics, etc.
【Thought, judgment, ability, and representation】
(2)Those who are able to accurately represent and convey what they have learned.
【Interest and motivation】
(3)Those who have an interest in various problems related to the environment, health, resources, and food supply, and who are motivated to make social contributions to addressing such problems.
(4)Those who strive to develop mutual understanding with others through dialogues, and who are able to learn and act independently.