Department of Applied Biosciences, Faculty of Life Sciences
1. Purpose of human resources development
We aim to train global leaders who utilize biological functions of excellence based on the idea of the eco-friendly “Monodzukuri” and realize it in accordance with the educational philosophy of the Faculty of Life Sciences. We also encourage students to develop the competitive edge and venture spirit needed to reinvigorate local communities and industries, focusing on local Monodzukuri.
2. Skills to be acquired by students
Students in our department are expected to acquire:
1) General education and social manners as members of society.
2) General insight into and basic knowledge of life.
3) An enhanced ability to gather information and flexibility from a variety of rich sources of ideas, which is required in modern society, as well as technical expertise and skills in technological development.
4) The ability to contribute to industrial development with a venture spirit.
5) Communication skills, an international perspective, and independent thinking based on ethics and creativity.
3. Other purposes of education and research
We encourage students to be full of curiosity and to have a fighting spirit, and to act positively to solve problems based on objective vision and judgement. We also try to foster students’ compassion for living things, including human beings.