Overview of the Faculty of Information Sciences and Arts
Summary and additional details on the Course
- We provide education that integrates the humanities and sciences, where you will learn based on information in a wide range of fields such as AI, data science, psychology, sports, media, and art.
- You can acquire a wide variety of valuable qualifications (the High School Teaching Certificate in Information, Information Technology Engineers Examination, Psychologist Certification, NSCA-CPT, NSCA-CSCS, etc.)
- Regardless of whether you are a humanities or science major, you will learn everything about information, from the basics to the latest developments.
- We give detailed educational instructions to students from their first year. (Classes and seminars are friendly, attentive to each student, and easy to understand.)
Admission capacity: Master’s program - 15 students; Doctoral program - 3 students
Lecture times: Day
Degree: Master’s program -Master of Sciences and Arts Doctoral program -Doctor of Sciences and Arts
Three Courses, one Department and one Faculty:
[Systems Information Course]
- We provide our education in two systems: AI and system development, as well as data science.
- AI and system development
We cultivate the ability to develop, manage, and operate in fields such as AI (Artificial Intelligence), IoT (Internet of Things), cloud, security, and software.
- Data science
Through our cross-disciplinary curriculum in data science and humanities, we develop the ability to collect, process, analyze, and utilize data and to solve problems in various fields, such as management, business administration, and product/service planning. (It is also possible to acquire social researcher certification.)
- AI and system development
- A wide range of qualifications related to information can be acquired.
Students can acquire the High School Teaching Certificate in Information, Information-Technology Engineers Examinations (Fundamental Information Technology Engineer Examination, Applied Information Technology Engineer Examination, and Network Specialist Examination, etc.), the Official Business Skill Test in Book-keeping, and other qualifications
Note: This course provides a reliable information education based on over 30 years of experience since the days of the Department of Information Engineering of the Faculty of Engineering. The course alone has a curriculum and achievements that are more than equivalent to those of a regular information engineering department.
[Psychology and Sports Information Course]
- 1) We educate personal trainers and sports data analysts.
- 2) We develop human resources who aim to become experts in psychology and to obtain national qualifications such as the Psychologist Certification.
- 3) We train human resources who are able to utilize ICT, and to measure and analyze bodies in motion and the movements of players using sports equipment and tools (sports dynamics).
- 4) We develop the ability to understand and explain the human mind scientifically so that students will learn the psychology to which IT technology is applied.
Note: Students will learn a wide range of technology, knowledge and methods in psychology and sports science to apply them in the psychology and sports fields. We have established courses for those seeking to acquire international sports qualifications such as NSCA-Certified Personal Trainer and NSCA-Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, as well as national qualifications such as the Psychologist Certification.
[Media Culture Course]
- 1) AI/CG
We develop human resources to be creators and users of next-generation AI-based CG and VR, and who have the ability to create various media contents, AI applications, CG, VR, games, and more by acquiring basic knowledge and applied technology.
- 2) Video, broadcasting, and mass communication
We cultivate human resources who have the ability to not only “discuss” but also “create” in the fields of video, broadcasting, mass communication, and web media (for example, the ability to conduct web distribution like a broadcasting station).
Note: We have been developing world-class research and education with the Center for Computational Mechanics Research—a world-standard research and development center for computer graphics and multimedia simulations that is the best of its kind in Japan. Our faculty members are active in the mass communication and can provide guidance directly related to employment and career paths.
Department and Faculty / Admission capacity / Place of learning
Photo (From the left: Exterior of Building 7, the PC laboratory, theater, and studio)
Organizing three courses under one department and one faculty system
Enrich our society and our hearts with the power of information.
Place of learning
2100 Kujirai, Kawagoe-shi, Saitama