Term-end examinations refer to examinations that take place in the last week of each semester .(exam/make-up period: July 31 to August 5; January 23 to January 29). These examinations may take place at a different venue from the regular classroom. Check the details on ToyoNet-G.
In-term examinations refer to the examinations that take place during regular class hours. Please take these examinations following the instructions of the faculty member in charge. These examinations generally take place in the regular classrooms. If a different venue is to be used, only the students enrolled in the relevant class will be notified via ToyoNet-G.
<Things to note when taking an exam>
1. Even if you take an exam for a subject, which is not listed on your subject registration confirmation sheet, this exam will be treated as invalid.
2. Both term-end and in-class examinations are conducted according to the ordinary class timetable.
3. Note that exam venues may be different from regular classrooms.
4. If the exam for a subject takes place in two or more rooms, each student will be assigned to a specific room depending on his/her student ID number. Be sure to take the exam in the designated room.
5. Follow the instructions of the supervisor during the exams.
6. You will not be allowed to take an exam without a valid student ID card. Be sure to bring your student ID card and place it on the desk during the exam, as directed by the supervisor. (Students may be required to show their Student ID even while sitting for an in-class exam. Carry your Student ID with you during the exam period.)
7. The only items that
can are permitted to be brought in the exam room are writing materials, watches (with time indicating function only) and other items authorized by the instructor. Devices with communication functions, such as cell phones and smartphones, are not allowed to be placed on the desk. Turn off your cell phone and/or smartphone and place them in your bag so as not to disturb others during the exam. The above-mentioned devices and music players are not allowed to be used for time keeping.
8. Be sure to bring your own writing materials (ballpoint pens, pencils, erasers). You cannot borrow writing materials.
9. Drinking and eating during an exam is prohibited.
10. Be sure to fill in the faculty, department, school year, ID number and name fields on the answer sheet using a black pen or black ballpoint pen (not an erasable pen).
11. In the student ID number field, enter all 10 digits of your student ID number printed on your student ID card. Answer sheets without complete ID numbers or names will be invalid.
12. No students are admitted into the exam room after the first 20 minutes of the term-end exam. No students are allowed to leave the exam room until 30 minutes after the exam begins and unless the exam supervisor gives his/her permission. If you leave the exam room before the exam finishes, you will not be allowed to re-enter.
13.If you are unable to take a regular exam because of an unavoidable reason, such as a disaster or illness, submit appropriate evidence, such as a medical certificate (a copy is acceptable), to the instructor in charge and follow his/her instructions.
14. If a student is found to be cheating during an exam, severe measures will be taken based on the University Rules (Article 57). For the regulations on cheating and details of punishment, please refer to p45.
15. Be aware of the possibility of transport disruptions and bad weather, please be sure to arrive at the exam venue in good time.
Students who have committed an act of academic dishonesty (an act that violates the University rules and regulations or an act that is contrary to the duty of students) during an examination will be subject to disciplinary action pursuant to Article 57 of the Academic Rules and Regulations.
The University’s disciplinary actions are reprimand, suspension and permanent suspension.
(1) Regardless of the type of disciplinary action taken, no credit will be given in the relevant year (semester) for the unit for which the act of academic dishonesty was committed. No credit will be given for any units for which examinations were conducted during the examination period of the relevant year (semester) in the case of an act punishable by suspension in “2. (2)” or “2. (3)” above.
(2) The period of suspension shall, in principle, be counted from the day on which a decision on disciplinary action was determined at the relevant Faculty Council.
(3) The Dean of the Faculty to which the offending student belongs to shall have a meeting with the student and his/her guarantor to notify them of the details of the disciplinary action determined for the student.
(4) The Faculty to which the offending student belongs to shall give educational guidance to the student during the suspension period.
(5) All parties involved in acts of academic dishonesty described in  and  of acts punishable by reprimand,  of acts punishable by one month’s suspension, and  of acts punishable by permanent suspension shall be subject to the measures described in (1) to (4) above.
Students who have been notified of their academic dishonesty may make an appeal.
(Note that the above matters concerning academic dishonesty may be amended.)
* Academic dishonesty during in-term examinations will also be subject to disciplinary action. Carefully listen to the instructions and explanations given by the faculty member in charge